Home » Chronics » SAFETY GUIDELINES
***Keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Never use undiluted essential oil on the skin: add it to a carrier oil (jojoba, hazelnut, coco, sweet almond). Only Lavender, Chamomile, Tea tree oils can be applied directly on the skin, in small quantity (1-2 drops).
- Possible allergic reactions: test it before use; apply one drop of the diluted essential oil on the inside of your elbow or back of your knee. Cover it with a Band-Aid and wait 24 hours to see if there is any form of reaction.
- Eyes and ears: never use essential oil near your eyes or in your ears.
- Pregnancy, lactation: there is evidence that a few oils are possible abortifacients; dangers for the foetus or the baby are also a risk.
- Children: check for any allergic reactions; see a qualified aromatherapist.
- Epilepsy, high blood pressure: a few essential oils present risk to people with epilepsy or highblood pressure.
- Oral administration: great caution should be exercised, since a greater concentration is likely to reach the bloodstream. Oral administration can take place only under the guidance of a qualified trained aromatherapist.
- Phototoxicity: some essential oils are photosensitising; avoid them prior to sunbathing.
- Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from light.
***If you have any doubts or questions, please consult a qualified aromatherapist.
|Home | Our Products | Who We Are | Courses & Schedules | Blog | Links | Contact | Your Cart | Français|
|© Am-arome 2009. All Rights Reserved. Ordering Information & Policies.|